When we first started growing food, two of the main things we grew were tomatoes and bell peppers. The were SO good! I mean, honestly, does it get any better than a fresh, ripe tomato?
YES, it does! It gets better when you add fresh bell pepper and onion! You can settle for your jar of processed salsa at the grocery store if you want, but wouldn’t you rather have some of this fresh pico de gallo instead? I’m sure it tastes better, and I KNOW it’s healthier!
…and the kids LOVE this! We put this on everything, too – salads, fish, tacos, tortilla chips… heck, I’ve even eaten it pain with a spoon!
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime (abt 2 Tbsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to marry, then stir again.